Breaking

Friday, 9 October 2015

Man fights for life after being bitten by one of the world's most poisonous spiders

A man is fighting for his life after being bitten by one of the world's most poisonous spiders in a toilet.
Orlando Jimenez Jimenez, 31, is suffering from kidney and liver failure while the toxins have also caused his eye and ear to rot.
He is currently being treated by doctors at Honorio Delgado Espinoza hospital in Arequipa, in southern Peru.

They have released a video of him semi-conscious while breathing through a tube in his hospital bed to highlight his plight.
The footage shows his ear rotting and his eyelid turning black.
His mother Felicitas Maria Jimenez said the spider fell on him and bit his left ear. 
Within minutes, his health deteriorated and they took him to a local health centre where he was given an antidote.
But his condition worsened and he is now in an intensive care unit.
Doctors believe he was bitten by a Chilean Recluse spider, one of the deadliest in the world.
The Chilean variety is considered to be the most dangerous of the recluse spiders and its venom can cause severe allergic reactions and even death.  
In November, five-year-old Branson Riley Carlisle, from Albertsville in Alabama, U.S., died after he was bitten by a brown recluse spider.
A month earlier, a 10-year-old Montana boy also died after being bitten on the leg by the same species. 
Last month, a British barrister told how he nearly lost his leg after being bitten by a brown recluse spider during a flight.
 
Jonathon Hogg's leg ballooned minutes after he felt a sharp pain on the plane to South Africa.
By the time he reached hospital it had turned black and to save the limb surgeons had to cut away a large part of his leg where the venom had eaten the flesh.
He was left with a gaping hole on the front of his shin.
 
Mr Hogg, 40, said: 'The pain was like nothing I've been through in my life. By the time I got to hospital my leg was bursting open, there was pus, it was black. 
'It was a right mess. They told me if I had been any later I would have lost my leg or even died. It was terrifying.'

No comments:

Post a Comment